The Petroushka Ball is a Black Tie charity ball held annually since 1965 to benefit the Russian Children’s Welfare Society's charitable programs. The 55th Petroushka Ball was held on Friday, February 7, 2020 at The Plaza Hotel and was attended by over 700 guests.
The 55th Petroushka Ball featured a beautiful performance by mezzo-soprano Serena Malfi and tenor Ben Bliss, appearing by kind permission of the Metropolitan Opera.
The evening entertainment program included a dance by Denys Drozdyuk and Antonina Skobina. In addition the Barynya Balalaika Orchestra and the Folk Dance Club “Kaleidoscope” energized the guests with Russian folk music and dance. One of the Petroushka Ball unique features is two distinguished orchestras – The Lester Lanin Orchestra in the Grand Ballroom coupled with the Barynya Balalaika Orchestra in the Terrace Room.
We would like to express our utmost gratitude to the following sponsors and supporters: Aeroflot-Russian Airlines, Access Industries, 3LAB, Susan Carmel Lehrman, CLIVE CHRISTIAN counter at Bergdorf Goodman, NUTRACEUTICAL WELLNESS, Elena Orlukova and Confident Care Corp., Elke Geacintov, Russian Standard Vodka, Steinway & Sons, NARS Cosmetics, 111SKIN, Valerio 888, NetCost Market, St. Petersburg Global Trade House and Brighton Bazaar. A special thank you to the RTVI, Media Partner of the 55th Petroushka Ball.
RCWS would like to thank the 55th Petroushka Ball Junior Committee Co-Chairs: Katya Brody, Paulina Brown, Sophia Geringer, Adrian Fekula, Kira Jordan, Constantine Schidlovsky, Olga Timoshenkova, Yana Worthman as well as the Ball Committee members: Anna Breusova, Rajaa Chouairi, Ilya Dembitski, Adrian Fekula, Beatrice Fekula, Natasha Fekula, Peter Fekula, Anya Holodny-Ferreira, Maria Ross, Tatiana Sarandinaki Kadaria, Dimitry Schidlovsky, Katia Sokoloff. Their help was instrumental in making the 55th Petroushka Ball such a success.
Past Petroushka Ball events have featured leading soloists of the Metropolitan Opera, the American Ballet Theatre, New York City Ballet, Bolshoi Theater, and other prominent companies. Among the opera stars who appeared at the Petroushka Ball by kind permission of the Metropolitan Opera are Anna Netrebko, Dmitri Hvorostovsky, Elena Obraztsova, Ildar Abdrazakov, Elina Garanca, Matthew Polenzani, Nadine Sierra, Diana Damrau, Piotr Beszala, Kristine Opolais, Francesco Demuro, Olga Borodina, Rolando Villazon, Brandon Jovanovich, Kate Lindzey, Rodion Pogossov, Oksana Dyka, Sergey Semishkur, Lyubov Petrova, Ekaterina Semenchuk, Paul Groves, Maia Kovalevska and others.
All net proceeds from the Petroushka Ball go directly towards the Russian Children’s Welfare Society (RCWS) charitable programs. Among them are educational scholarships for orphans (currently 173 students), medical treatment for children with severe facial deformities (annually over 200 little patients receive surgeries), assistance to orphanages, rehabilitation programs for children with special needs, a “Yelka” (New Year and Christmas tree) party in Moscow for over 1,000 disadvantaged children, and other vital programs.
If you would like to be more involved in sponsorship, organizing or volunteering at the 56th Petroushka Ball, please contact us at email@example.com.
To join our email list for updates about the annual Petroushka Ball, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The professional-quality portraits by Roman Makhmutov from the 55th Petroushka Ball are available on-line.
NOTICE OF PHOTOGRAPHY
By attending the Petroushka Ball, you are entering an area where photography may occur. By entering the event premises, you consent to photography, and its release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for promotional purposes by the Russian Children’s Welfare Society (RCWS), including on websites, social media, or any other purpose by RCWS.
Images and photos may be used to promote similar RCWS events in the future, highlight the event and promote the activities of RCWS. You release RCWS, its officers, directors and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, digitizing, or publication and use of any photographs taken at the Petroushka Ball.
The success of the Petroushka Ball is contingent upon the renewed participation of local and international businesses, as well as RCWS’ patrons. Support RCWS' charitable programs and be a part of the Petroushka Ball legacy by purchasing tickets to the Ball, placing advertisements in the Petroushka Ball journal, supplying raffle prizes or products for event gift bags, or by generously making a donation.
Additionally, sponsorship of the Petroushka Ball is a great way to entertain clients and employees, network with prominent Russian-American businesses while enjoying an exciting evening. Supplying raffle prizes or products for the gift bags and contributing advertisements to the event journal present an effective opportunity for corporate visibility and brand awareness for your products or service.
RCWS is a 501(c)3 US non-profit organization and all contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
All net proceeds from the 55th Petroushka Ball will be directed towards RCWS’ charitable programs. Please visit Programs for additional information.
For more information on sponsorships, ads, raffle & gift bag items, or other contributions, please contact RCWS at email@example.com or tel 212-473-6263.
Thank you for your support and patronage!
The annual Petroushka Ball traditionally includes a Raffle with wonderful prizes and a group of children in Russian costumes assisting with selling the raffle tickets. We would like to thank our little volunteers and generous sponsors, who donated the prizes for the Raffle.
Here are the names of the raffle prize winners:
1. Grand Prize - Winner 02535 B. Fekula
Business Class travel for two people on Aeroflot-Russian airlines from the United States to Moscow or St. Petersburg.
2. Clive Christian Original Collection No. 1 Feminine Floral Oriental - Winner 05959 Polina
3. Two tickets to “THE CHERRY ORCHARD” by Moscow Pushkin Drama Theatre - Winner 02886 A. Ohotin
4. Sterling silver crystal earrings - Winner 07147 T. Geringer
5. 3LAB WW Eye Cream - Winner 01730 Yuliya Bakhtoiarova
6. NARS Cosmetics gift box with the full size best selling products - Winner 00966 Marina Rybalov
7. Osetra Caviar - Winner 07414 E. Sapir
8. Champaigne Bucket with a bottle of CHARLES HEIDSIECK 2006 champaigne - Winner 07146 T. Geringer
9. Clive Christian Original Collection No. 1 Masculine - Winner 00602 J. Holovach
10. Two tickets to "RUSSIAN HAMLET" by Eifman Ballet of St. Petersburg, with St. Petersburg Symphony Orchestra - Winner 09047 Robert Dechellis
11. NARS Cosmetics gift box with the full size best selling products -Winner 01819 V. Kolesnikoff
12. Cocktail natural amber silver ring by Valerio 888 - Winner 01955 Maria Hoffman
13. 111SKIN Intensive Edit Skincare Set - Winner 07523 M. Ossorguine
14. Special Prize From RTVi - Winner 07524 M. Ossorguine
15. IMPERIA Russian Standard Vodka - Winner 02899 Heidi Fisher
16. Gourmet Delight Gift Basket – From NetCost Market with Love. Winner 07217 J. Sschipf
17. Noble Heritage Silk Shawl - Winner 07242 Alina Big
18. Russian traditional gourmet gift set with red caviar “RUSSIAN SELECTED” - Winner 05768 Charlie Hoppenstein
19. Six month supply of NUTRAFOL for Him - Winner 05993 Peter Picard
20. One Free Whole Body Cryotherapy Session - Winner 05770 Ariella Hoppenstein
21. Georgian Gift Basket - Winner 02617 Michael
22. Six month supply of NUTRAFOL for Her - Winner 06038 Katya Vasiliev
23. Gourmet Delight Gift Basket – From NetCost Market with Love - Winner 05907 Galina K.
24. IMPERIA Russian Standard Vodka - Winner 07366 Pete Hopkinson
25. 1 hour tennis lesson with Katya Vasilyev, former captain and full scholarship D1 player at Boston College, at the prestigious Town Tennis Club in Midtown, NYC, followed by 2 complimentary drinks at the club dining room. - Winner 00563 O. Russu
26. 111SKIN Radiance Edit Skincare Set - Winner 07244 Ahmad Masoud
27. Twisted Imperial Imperial Egg Jewelry Box With Crown in Red - Winner 01811 Steven Zipp
28. Luxury Guerlain cosmetics box - Winner 5692 Marina Korostyshevskaya
29. One Free Chiropractic Session - Winner 07225 I. Nagibina
30. Tulip Cobalt Netting Teacup w/a Saucer - Winner 01891 S. Givotovsky
31. One Free Cupping Session - Winner 02009 S. Givotovsky
32. Luxury Guerlain cosmetics box - Winner 01896 S. Givotovsky
33. IMPERIA Russian Standard Vodka - Winner 04682 Svetlana Podolski
34. SPA Gift Certificate - Winner 06192 Mark Eisenberg
35. Gift Certificate Tea for Two in the Palm Court at the Plaza Hotel - Winner 07280 Stapff