54th Petroushka Ball, February 8, 2019, The Plaza Hotel, New York City
Special Guest Stars
Nadine Sierra, soprano Francesco Demuro, tenor
Appeared by kind permission of the Metropolitan Opera
Lester Lanin Orchestra
Barynya Balalaika Orchestra - Russian Folk & Gypsy Music
Reception - 8 pm, Dinner & Entertainment - 9 pm,
Dancing - after 10 pm
Strictly White or Black Tie, Long Ball Gowns
Age Requirement: 21 years and older
The Petroushka Ball is a Black Tie charity ball held annually since 1965, attended by over 700 guests representing business, artistic and diplomatic spheres. The Petroushka Ball is held to benefit the Russian Children’s Welfare Society's charitable programs.
The 54th Petroushka Ball featured an incredible performance by soprano Nadine Sierra and tenor Francesco Demuro, appearing by kind permission of the Metropolitan Opera.
We would like to express our utmost gratitude to the following sponsors and supporters: Aeroflot-Russian Airlines, Access Industries, AMOREPACIFIC, BleuStorm Vodka, CLIVE CHRISTIAN counter at Saks Fifth Ave New York, GOURMANOFF, NetCost Market, NEW YORK DERMATOLOGY GROUP, Roland Peralta and NUTRACEUTICAL WELLNESS, Elena Orlukova and Confident Care Corp., Palais des Thés, Valerio 888 and Ultimate Risk Solutions.
RCWS would like to thank the 54th Petroushka Ball Junior Committee Co-Chairs: Katya Brody, Paulina Brown, Sophia Geringer, Adrian Fekula, Kira Jordan, Constantine Schidlovsky, Olga Timoshenkova and Yana Worthman. Their help was instrumental in making the 54th Petroushka Ball such a success.
One of the Petroushka Ball unique features is two distinguished orchestras – The Lester Lanin Orchestra in the Grand Ballroom coupled with the Barynya Balalaika Orchestra in the Terrace Room playing a boisterous set of popular Russian gypsy music, Cossack songs, and lively balalaika arrangements to the early hours of the morning.
Past Petroushka Ball events have featured leading soloists of the Metropolitan Opera, the American Ballet Theatre, New York City Ballet, Bolshoi Theater, and other prominent companies. Among the opera stars who appeared at the Petroushka Ball by kind permission of the Metropolitan Opera are Anna Netrebko, Dmitri Hvorostovsky, Elena Obraztsova, Ildar Abdrazakov, Elina Garanca, Matthew Polenzani, Diana Damrau, Piotr Beszala, Kristine Opolais, Olga Borodina, Rolando Villazon, Brandon Jovanovich, Kate Lindzey, Rodion Pogossov, Oksana Dyka, Sergey Semishkur, Lyubov Petrova, Ekaterina Semenchuk, Paul Groves, Maia Kovalevska and others.
All net proceeds from the Petroushka Ball go directly towards the Russian Children’s Welfare Society (RCWS) charitable programs. Among them are educational scholarships for orphans (currently 154 students), medical treatment for children with severe facial deformities (annually over 200 little patients receive surgeries), assistance to orphanages, rehabilitation programs for children with special needs, a “Yelka” (New Year and Christmas tree) party in Moscow for over 1,000 disadvantaged children visiting from many areas of Russia; and other vital programs.
If you would like to be more involved in organizing and/or sponsorship of the 55th Petroushka Ball, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To join our email list for updates about the annual Petroushka Ball, email to email@example.com.
NOTICE OF PHOTOGRAPHY
By attending the Petroushka Ball, you are entering an area where photography may occur. By entering the event premises, you consent to photography, and its release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for promotional purposes by the Russian Children’s Welfare Society (RCWS), including on websites, social media, or any other purpose by RCWS.
Images and photos may be used to promote similar RCWS events in the future, highlight the event and promote the activities of RCWS. You release RCWS, its officers, directors and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, digitizing, or publication and use of any photographs taken at the Petroushka Ball.
The success of the Petroushka Ball is contingent upon the renewed participation of local and international businesses, as well as RCWS’ patrons. You can support the RCWS charitable programs and be a part of the Petroushka Ball in one or more of the following ways: purchasing tickets to the Ball; placing advertisements in the Petroushka Ball program; donating prizes for the raffle; making a cash donation; supplying products for the gift bags.
Additionally, sponsorship of the Petroushka Ball is a great way to entertain clients and employees, network with prominent Russian-American businesses and presents an effective opportunity for corporate visibility while enjoying an exciting evening.
RCWS is a 501(c)3 US non-profit organization and all contributions are tax deductible.
All net proceeds from the 54th Petroushka Ball will be directed towards RCWS’ charitable programs. Please visit Programs for additional information.
We are counting on you to help us continue to improve the opportunities for at risk children in Russia.
For more information, please contact RCWS at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 212-473-6263.
Here are the names of the raffle prize winners:
1.GRAND PRIZE: BUSINESS CLASS ROUND-TRIP TRAVEL FOR TWO PEOPLE ON AEROFLOT-RUSSIAN AIRLINES, FROM THE UNITED STATES TO MOSCOW OR ST. PETERSBURG. Travel can be from any of Aeroflot's US departure cities (New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Washington DC) to Moscow or St. Petersburg. Special conditions and restrictions apply to prize travel. Courtesy of Aeroflot.
WINNER: E. Abramov (Ticket #01365)
2. CLIVE CHRISTIAN PERFUME “SIBERIAN PINE” - WINNER: M. Zacharin (Ticket #04582)
3. TWO TICKETS TO THE VAKHTANGOV THEATER PRODUCTION “MASQUERADE” June 14, 2019, The New York City Center. Courtesy of Cherry Orchard Festival - WINNER: V. Radimushkina (Ticket #04521)
4. BOAST POLO FOR HIM AND FOR HER - WINNER: T. Sarandinaki (Ticket #14939)
5. GIFT CERTIFICATE TEA FOR TWO IN THE PALM COURT AT THE PLAZA HOTEL - WINNER: K. Freedman (Ticket # 12897)
6. SILVER PLATED BUCKET WITH A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAIGNE - WINNER: S. Givotovsky (Ticket # 14701)
7. CLIVE CHRISTIAN PERFUME “CORIANDER” - WINNER: K. Reilly (Ticket #12968)
8. LADY’S HAT BY NATALYA BYTHEWOOD - WINNER: B. Fekula (Ticket # 04614)
9. AMOREPACIFIC TIME RESPONSE SKIN RESERVE CRÈME - WINNER: Vera Hubiak (Ticket #12448)
10. GOURMANOFF DELIGHT GIFT BASKET - WINNER: P. Picard (Ticket #12871)
11. DINNER FOR TWO AT RUSSIAN SAMOVAR RESTAURANT - WINNER: V. Popova (Ticket #07456)
12. BLEUSTORM VODKA GIFT SET - WINNER: G. Vandecruze (Ticket #10424)
13. BOAST PULLOVER HOODIE FOR HIM AND FOR HER - WINNER: M. Brown (Ticket #04596)
14. BOBBI BROWN COSMETICS MAKEUP SET - WINNER: O. Molotova (Ticket #12780)
15. PALAIS DES THES' PARIS FOR HER & FOR HIM - WINNER: A. Petrenko (Ticket #04542)
16. BELUGA NOBLE RUSSIAN VODKA GOLD LINE 750 ML PRESENTED IN A STYLISH LEATHER CASE - WINNER: Vlad (Ticket #10399)
17. TIFFANY & CO CHAMPAGNE FLUTE SET - WINNER: A. Darchieva (Ticket #01164)
18. A CASE OF LA FLEUR RIBEYROLLES BORDEAUX - WINNER: A. Navasardyan (Ticket #05372)
19. GUERLAIN LUXURY BEAUTY SET - WINNER: S. Givotovsky (Ticket #14737)
20. CHOCOLATE INDULGENCE BASKET - WINNER: Vlad (Ticket #10400)
21. BELUGA NOBLE RUSSIAN VODKA GOLD LINE 750 ML PRESENTED IN A STYLISH LEATHER CASE - WINNER: L. Kudryashova (Ticket #02821)
22. AMBER JEWELRY SET BY VALERIO 888 - WINNER: P. Kishinevskaya (Ticket #14528)
23. GOURMET DELIGHT GIFT BASKET – FROM NETCOST MARKET WITH LOVE - WINNER: M. Eisenberg (Ticket #05992)
24. PATRAM INSTITUTE GIFT BASKET - WINNER: A. Sheeline (Ticket #02829)
25. BLEUSTORM VODKA GIFT SET - WINNER: V. Hubiak (Ticket #12446)
26. GOURMET GIFT BASKET - WINNER: E. Gmyrek (Ticket #08703)
27. SIX MONTH SUPPLY OF NUTRAFOL FOR MEN - WINNER: I. Sokolsky (Ticket #07078)
28. GEORGIAN GIFT BASKET - WINNER: N. Maltsava (Ticket #10574)
29. BELUGA NOBLE RUSSIAN VODKA GOLD LINE 750 ML PRESENTED IN A STYLISH LEATHER CASE - WINNER: S. Niculescu (Ticket #05195)
30. RUSSIAN TROIKA BROOCH - WINNER: E. Cohn (Ticket #02492)
31. BASKET WITH DIFFERENT KINDS OF SWEETS - WINNER: S. Givotovsky (Ticket #14726)
32. SIX MONTH SUPPLY OF NUTRAFOL FOR WOMEN - WINNER: J. LaGrassa (Ticket #01549)