The Russian Children’s Welfare Society is a public charity exempt from income, gift, and estate taxes under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. Its federal tax identification number is 13–5562332.
We are able to channel 100% of our donations to help sick and needy children with overhead being met in its entirety through internal sources.
RCWS has put in place a thorough system of checks and balances to make sure that grants are used for their intended purpose:
- Organizations must provide a complete application detailing the project for which they are seeking support as well as a budget
- RCWS issues an official agreement stating the dollar amount of the grant and how it is to be spent
- Russian banks will not authorize a release of funds without such an agreement and require invoices from grantee organizations that match items and services designated in the agreement
- The Director of our Moscow office regularly visits grantee organizations to check up on the Society's projects
- RCWS representatives in Russia, heads of Moscow and New York offices, as well as RCWS Board members periodically visit the aid recipients
- Organizations are required to submit mid year and final reports detailing expenditures and overall achievements